Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving, 2012

Things I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving Day

My wife, Kathy, who has been part of my life since I was 16. Through all the ups and downs, she has been there and pulled me through some hard times. I can never repay her for being on this long, hard journey called life that we have ventured together.

My brother with different parents, Jim Brock, who I met the first day of college and the mold was cast for Operation Enduring Friendship. No matter how hard I try or what I do, I will never be able to repay him for what he has done for me and has meant to me.

My brother, Jon. He is always there for me. He’s always there to talk with and keep me grounded in my family roots. He inherited the best from Mom and Dad and that’s a good thing.

My son, Scott. He is special in more ways than I can name. He has grown into a fine young man and father.

My daughter, Kimberly, who became our Angel before we got to know her.

Robert A. Heinlein – for answering a fan letter from a twelve year old and cementing a love for reading.

Michael Bishop – for being as wonderful a friend as he is a writer.

Jean Goldstrom, my editor - for reading and buying every story I’ve ever submitted.

Peter Horwath, my military brother – without whom life would be even stranger than it is. Thank you for the years of friendship and hard work on the website. Thank you for the honor of being the Godparents to Julie – she has grown into a beautiful, successful woman.

The Broken Soldiers Facebook group – for allowing me to rant when I need to, for their support and understanding (because they have been there).

The Doctors who performed my Heart Surgery, for without them I might not be here to write this.

The Beatles (together and separately), John Fogarty, Jackson Brown, Linda Ronstadt, Sarah McLachlan, Stevie Nicks and the other artists who created the music for the soundtrack of my life.

All of the Publishers, Publicity Directors and Agents, and Writers who have supported Baryon for the last 35 years.

I’m thankful for all of you who take the time to read the reviews and ramblings on the blog and website.

Happy Thanksgiving, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment